Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm frustrated.

Joost is down, apparently. I haven't had a working laptop at home for the past three weeks since Compaq hasn't shipped mine back on a warranty repair. I was able to get Joost (thanks for the invite, Todd!) on my work laptop, but since it's a video-streaming program, I wasn't able to actually enjoy it; just start it up a few times.

So, I've basically been counting the days until I could get the beta client at home and try it. I was really waiting for my Compaq to come back, but alas.

With a lot of luck, I was able to get the other laptop up and working again, long enough to install Windows XP. We have no idea how long it'll actually remain in service, but it's working for now. "All right," I thought, "I'll download Joost on it and maybe get to play with it a little."

Except for the fact that there's some major problem with the brand new (as of yesterday, 4/10/07) 0.9.2 version of the client doesn't connect to the network. There are something like 25 pages of posts on the Joost forums full of users with the same error.

I just remembered that I happened to YouSendIt off a version of the Joost client to myself earlier this week.. maybe it was the 0.9.1 client. I'm going to go grab it and try..

..but, I'm frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment